Senior iOS Engineer
Job description :
We are seeking brilliant engineers with strong CS fundamentals, familiarity with mobile phone frameworks, and a history of delivering beautiful user experiences as we disrupt the mobile market in India.
We’re looking for people with strong skills in mobile application development and a pixel-level eye for detail; experience and interest shipping consumer applications. You’ll be working with some very talented and friendly engineers that love mobile, people who will help you learn and grow tremendously and do the best work of your life everyday.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- You design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform.
- You work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions. You integrate and consume web services (JSON etc.).
- You use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces.
- You integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- You work on bug fixing and improving application performance and speed.
- You own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live.
- You design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters.
- You gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users. You build and advocate delightful user experiences on iOS.
- You research on open source framework/technologies required for developing the feature/application.
- You continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency.
- You unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- You manage a team and mentor junior developers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- 3+ years of iOS application development, with extensive use of Obj-C I/O, collections, algorithms and well-known application frameworks
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading
- Experience in iOS-specific application development and publishing iOS apps in the app store
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Programming experience in Objective-C programming, Cocoa, Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience investigating and improving performance
- Experience with threading, networking, knowledge of WebRTC a plus.